Re: [Toledo] Re: Climate March/Police

From: "Mr Douglas Jambard-Sweet" <dougiefresh43537@PROTECTED>
Date: September 22nd 2014
Hi Tom,

I missed a few emails.  You should be using Dougiefresh43537@PROTECTED for me.

I suggest that it might be the most feasible alternative for us to march from the Collingwood Garden Press Conference to Helping Hands.  The rather direct route from the garden to Helping Hands is 3.0 miles (about 50 minutes walk ??) as follows:

East on Delaware (6 blocks) -> SE on Cherry (turns into Main on East side past the bridge- ) -> SW onto 6th (2 blocks)

Proposed timeline under this scenario:

2-3 PM Climate March arrival at Collingwood Garden
3-4 PM R&R at Collingwood Garden
4-4:30 PM Press Conference
4:30-5:20 PM March down Cherry to Helping Hands (very visible/high traffic route at rush hour)
5:30-6:30 Potluck (pending Tom McDonald negotiating a shift in the potluck timing)

This scenario benefits from Collingwood Garden engagement, a very visible, well-timed march route thru downtown (with a likely augment in numbers from the garden participants) and the timing works for linking up to the Helping Hands potluck.

If this works for everyone, We should confirm by tomorrow so that we can get details to media and Sherriff Tharp's office.

Peace,

-Doug

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:15 PM, Tom McDonald <tommcdona3@PROTECTED> wrote:

Jimmy,

Our AUSCP group has secured a final camp destination for the marchers at Good Shepherd school, 550 Clark St. on toledo's near side.  I have not seen the site, but understand that it is a 3rd floor walk-up which has some beds and showers.  It is near the Helping Hands site where we have arranged for meals for the marchers on Friday and Saturday evenings (Bev Bingle has sent you more detailed information).
Regarding route details, I spoke with two people from the NWOPC (Northwest Ohio Peace Coalition) today who were at the Tuesday, Sept. 16 meeting during which we spoke to you via cell phone.  I urged them to make a decision a.s.a.p. as to the locale of your first stop/media event on Friday around 3:30-4 PM. so that you and they could collaborate on a route.
I am copying this note to them as a further incentive to get back to you soon.  Your primary contacts there would be Doug Jambard-Sweet (dougiefresh@PROTECTED), steve miller (stevepeaceactivist@PROTECTED), Karen Wolf (dakotakwolf@PROTECTED) and Terry Lodge (tjlodge50@PROTECTED).
I hope this helps.

--Tom McDonald

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Jimmy Betts <Jimmy@PROTECTED> wrote:
Hello Toledo Friends,
We need to get a route through Toledo, however, we still need to know where our final camp destination is as well as what route we will be taking based on specific stops for press, gardens, etc.  Do Terry, Tom & Doug have a handle on this or should we trying to put something together based on the TBD route from Monclova??  Gavain & Dana will be able to work on additional advisement based on what you can recommend.
Many Thanks!
Jimmy
515-708-2463
On Sep 19, 2014 1:55 PM, "Tom McDonald" <tommcdona3@PROTECTED> wrote:
To co-organizers, Jimmy, etc.

Just a quick note from my partner, Bev Bingle, in AUSCP.  She and Fr. Marty Donelley contacted Sherriff Tharp's office and have arranged for police officers to accompany the march, assist with crossings and provide security for the marchers support vehicles at the overnight location  (2-3 of the vehicles cannot be locked).
They only ask that they be notified of the route and event details AS SOON AS THEY ARE FINALIZED.
You may send this information to Bev and she will call it in to the Sherriff's office.

Her email address is:  urbanhermit@PROTECTED.

Thanks again,
Tom McDonald

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: people@nwopc.org

Discussion list for core members to plan

Privacy Policy:

all data kept private and not shared with anyone outside core list members